How to wake-up a Panelview Plus 7 HMI from PLC

John Marston

I have a Panel View Plus 7 STD HMI that I need to wake-up from screensaver mode. The screen is inaccessible to the touch so all navigation, etc is coming from the PLC. Do you know of a bit I can set in the HMI from the PLC that will wake it up from screensaver mode?

I have researched this extensively, and have not found a method.

My solution was not to use the Windows CE screensaver feature, and instead control the screen brightness and navigation from the PLC with Global Connections.

Wow, thanks for posting that ! The machines on which I had that challenge were built several years ago, so that ActiveX did not exist. I thought I had done a very thorough research on the topic, though the technote suggests it's been around since 2013.

That customer wants me to do some improvements and modifications, and I'm going to see if I can make use of that as well.

Thanks !

So I just tried it and it's working pretty good. So far it looks like you have to put it on every screen if your setup is like mine. I just made it an invisible box and hid it behind some stationary objects. I wanted to be able to Wakeup no matter what screen it was on.

I don't have a tech connect contract linked to my account.

Is it possible to get the readers digest version of what is listed?

Gad

There is a activex control called TerminalWakeup. Link a tag to EventTrigger, when it sees a transition from 0 to something other than 0, it is supposed to exit the screensaver.