GX developer software down load from laptop USB to FX3U-80M PLC using USB serial conv

I did have the problem on test connection when I tried to load the FX2N program to the FX3U, same message, after I converted it I still had the message when I tried to download the program (well I think it was the same message but not sure), I selected both the PLC parameter & program then it allowed me to download. As I said I cannot try on an FX2N as I do not have one handy, the program without modification did download to the simulator though without errors, I don't quite know why. There does seem to be some bad programming practices within the program though, the transfer to/from the high speed counters to/from D memory is not quite correct, the counters C200 up are 32 bit counters so doing a 16 bit transfer is not quite right and on my FX3U it faulted. on one counter transfer they did a move from the counter to D700, however, D701 is not used elsewhere in the program so they could have done a 32 bit transfer using DMOV instead of MOV. The program I sent you has this mod on the two counters. there are two other errors (minor so do not stop the PLC) one is where they do a floating point math on some D registers in the D42> range I do not know why this shows a minor error "address out of range" or something like that. but it does not stop the program or affect the calculation.
I will look to see if I have a 2N processor in my junk cupboard that works.
EDIT: Not got an FX2N but to my surprise I have a new (well was when purchased) Micrologix 1500 2 port PLC still in it's anti static bag & a used ML1000

Last edited:
You're putting a shift in there Parky...
I've not looked at the program yet but I do have an fxn2 on my desk.
In fact I have lots of Mitsi plcs set up and wired.
You can't beat testing with the real thing.

On the DMOV MOV thing, I have seen lots of MOV instructions moving 32 bit words with no trouble (in others programs - not mine) but the two registers have numbers that make no sense.
I always presumed, rightly or wrongly that if the numbers don't get higher than the 16 bit threshold, all will be ok??

I'll have a play tommorow. Nowt on these days ��

Yes I agree I have also seen it on the older FX, however, I tried on the simulator without modifying the program and without downloading the parameters & it did not complain. When I changed the PLC type I could not download it to a real FX3U It came up with the same error reported by the OP. I selected the parameter and the program so I assume it downloaded the parameter file first. then it went to stop I traced the faults to the two move instructions, changed them to a 32 bit move & it cleared the major errors, however, it still had the minor errors but worked. I can only summarise that the FX3U needs 32 bit registers for the 32 bit counters for it to work. I know in GXWorks in FBD you cannot compile using a 16 bit word in place of a 32 bit on some FBD functions but in GXDev you can compile.
It does appear that the parameter file on the original program must have some differences although I could not see them I wonder if it was done in the Chinese ripoff version and there is something not displayed on the GXDev. it does seem weird.

Last edited:
What I did was just corrected the 16 bit to 32 bit move instructions, however, I did not look further into the program to see what effect it may have. I will look at it when I get time to see where the registers are used elsewhere. It is difficult to see if it will affect the way it runs as I cannot simulate the whole program without knowing what all the I/O does, how the machine works and get into the mind of the person who programmed it. My feeling is that it may not make much difference but cannot confirm that. If you put the DMOV back it will fault the processor (at a guess it is either something to do with the clone or could be a firmware version i.e. an earlier FX2N might work but a later one might not, you could now try to download your original version to see if it works. Another interesting thing the Chinese character in the project folder would not let me open it in GXWorks2, although allowed me to open it in GXDeveloper, I used that as it has better error checking and for some reason GXDev simulator is not working but the later works one does.

Last edited:
I have just put it into the simulator and the two MOV instructions only move to D700 and retrieve them depending on the two inputs X24 & X25 the D700 register is not used anywhere else and the same for D701 (part of D700 if 32 bit register). Providing the counters do not go above 64000 count then the other maths functions will not cause any errors so should be ok. It is bad programming practice what they have done but it works on the older revisions obviously. As I say I can only try it on a real FX3U and it does require the MOV instruction to be a double word, it may well be that the earlier FX2N will not complain, only thing I can suggest is download the original into your spare PLC & see what happens, now it has the updated parameters it may well work without changing the MOV instruction.

Hi Parky did you mean when I download the original I will tick only the program, parameter not included?

Last edited:
Yes try that first, the parameters should already be there from the last download and hopefully will allow you to download. The only things I can think of is that the program I sent you was converted to a FX3U so may have changed the parameters although I could not see any difference. You could try only the program, if that works try then download both the program and the parameters from the original, if then you cannot go on-line there must be something in the parameters that are not displayed on the parameter edit screen. If this is the case go back to the file I sent you and download that again. It really depends on if downloading the original file without the parameters and if it goes to stop on the MOV instructions.
It's a case of eliminating what the cause is. these are listed below as I figure it.
1. The original program is not compatible with the firmware of the FX2N.
2. The parameter file on the original has some difference (not shown on the config screen).
3. by converting and changing the MOV it now has the correct parameters & instructions for the firmware revision.
There is definitely some difference in the program they used to configure it. the chinese character in the project name would not let me load it, maybe it is just the settings on my PC but it does show the character. That is why I changed the name.

I think it must be something to do with the software they used to program it with, converting it to FX3, then back again seems to be the only answer. I suggest if you do change out the old PLc then you upload a copy of the data from the original (this is the data registers so you have a copy of the values in them). Then download all the data & program to the new PLC, keeping the older one just in case.

Hi Parky thank you very much dor the help I will do machine trial this Saturday will try to run individual motors.

HI Parky greetings already done trial running the individual motors so far no issue once again thank you so much...

No problem, I'm intrigued to know if the problem is the difference between FX2 version numbers or clones.
Incidentally, I noticed that in the maths they do use double integers I have no idea why they store it as a single.

I'm late to the show but..... I put the program in an FX2n and it only had 1 error
a comms error - with a peripheral

The original connection problem where you showed the error picture was definitely because transparent mode was set in connection details.
I got the same message, then unticked transparent mode and it downloaded no problem