control process from a wincc project

Pandiani

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello guys, I'm learning to work with WinCC SCADA. I manage to enable communication
between WinCC and PLCSIM and I can display PLC inputs and outputs in WinCC project.
However, I want to allow operator to shut down some PLC output. For example PLC program
is a single rung

Start Stop M3.0 Output
|----|-----| |--|---|/|-----|/|---------( )
| |
| |
|-----| |--|
Output

I can use bit memory M3.0 for example since I can change that value directly from
WinCC project. So when operator on PC click on appropriate button value of M3.0
is changed to 1 and output is forced to zero. I tested this and it works.
Hiwever I'm interested to know if a "real life" problem would be solved in that way?
How thisis done in reality?

Thanks for answer

Ok, I used I/O field in WinCC project (graphics designer) and connect it to a tag that points to M3.0 memory bit, so user can with one click ftom graphics form of WinCC project change M3.0 to 1 and force Output to 0. I wonder if this the right way? I didn't find answer anywhere, if someone can give me advice it would be greatly appreciated