Step7-300 project and wincc

Uncle TG

I am new to Seimens and am having trouble with the SCADA portion of my project. This is completely different than any Rockwell/GE/WW software I have used. I have the WinCC project finished and in the project tree as a PC station with the WinCC App, but I am unable to connect it to my TCP/IP network. What other objects need to be loaded into the "Station" for this to be added to the network (there is no enet connection to drag to the enet network). I have tried adding a "General-IE" object and this gave me a enet connection that I drug to the enet network and was able to go online with my step 7 program, however I get a message that a connection could not be establish when I try to start the WinCC Project in runtime from the same box that I am viewing the code on?!?!?!? How can I have comm's to the Program Blocks and not the SCADA portion in the same project tree on the same box? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

I dont know WinCC, but am "fluent" in WinCC Flexible.

Anyway, if you setup a PC Station, then Simatic Net on said PC has to be setup accordingly. That means that the Station Configurator must be loaded with the configuration.
One detail: Check the "S7RTM" is enabled in the Properties of the PC Station (under the "Configuration" tab). Then check that the connection is "softbus" in WinCC Flexible (I do not know what the equivalent is called in WinCC), and compile in WinCC Flexible
After that, the easiest is to compile in NetPro, and then locate the .xdb file in the XDBs folder under the STEP7 project folder. Then import this .xdb file into the Station Configurator.

Alternatively, do not use Simatic Net or Softbus.
In stead use the simpler S7ONLINE interface.
In the PC Station, remove the IE General, and then remove the S7RTM tick.
Open the WinCC Flexible project and set the connection details manually: IP, rack and slot.
On the PC, the S7ONLINE access point must be set to "TCP/IP".
Do not know how the procedure is with WinCC, or if it is even possible with the most recent version.

Thanks

Do you know if I need to download the "Network Config" (from NetPro) into the PLC for the network to see my new SCADA node (PC Station)?