PLc Problem

rami00972

i have a filling machine, it filled 3 bottles in same time
it should have some elements in the work like the picture .... i have this problem from 2 weeks but nothing from my trying is succeed .
im a new plc user i was using microcontroller
pls can any one help me to solve this problem and how the ladder diagram can use the IF statement
also how can i start with solving problems in plc coz i start to solve this problem with flowchart but .......not the same thing
is there any basic flowchart for plc or away for solving problems
in plc
in the attach file
x in\put
y out\put

PLC_Problem.gif

Interesting problem!

i have this problem from 2 weeks but nothing from my trying is succeed .

If your project is due soon. You need to help us help you by showing what you have done so far. We won't do the work for you but we will help guide you to an answer.

Do you have names for the addresses in your attachment? Like Y0 = input gate?

From the attachment I'm having trouble understanding what Y4 is and what it does.

It is also unclear as to what actuates X4 and X5.

Looking forward to seeing what you have done so far and an explanations of Y4, X4, and X5.

And oh! Welcome to the forum.

Interesting problem!

If your project is due soon. You need to help us help you by showing what you have done so far. We won't do the work for you but we will help guide you to an answer.

Do you have names for the addresses in your attachment? Like Y0 = input gate?

From the attachment I'm having trouble understanding what Y4 is and what it does.

It is also unclear as to what actuates X4 and X5.

Looking forward to seeing what you have done so far and an explanations of Y4, X4, and X5.

And oh! Welcome to the forum.

Y4 : is a pistone "O\P" in the NC state he have a limit SW X4 as I\P sensor also in the end of its stroke have second SW X5 as I\P
relay i need to solve this prob but the main idea is how do i start to think for solving like these prob.
mmmmmmmm
thanks for your fast anser .i hope to find the solution and to learn is here

The basic ladder elements create IF/THEN/ELSE statements.

This rung of ladder logic:

X Y
---] [---------( )-

is quivalent to:

If X = True Then Y = True Else Y = False
aha
but in the normal cases like flow chart you have 2 wayes one for YES and the second for NO also if im in the yes mode how can i "make a flag" like micro controller ..... and is
thanks

The symbol for testing if a ON/OFF state is false is

---]\[---

Most controllers have internal bit, ones not directly tied to an output. These can be turned on or off. Many PLCs also have an instruction which will turn a bit ON and leave it ON. Coupled with that is usually an instruction which turns a bit OFF and leaves it OFF.

Many times in a flow chart you may have a state which will remain valid until some condition takes place. This is a good use for these maintained state bits.

In your application one of these bits may represent 'allowing the bottles in'. Then a condition (probably from a counter which is counting the ON states of the bottle sensor) of 'three bottles have entered' will then set the next state - 'turning on the stop gate'.

Rami,

You should make a program outline based on the machine you are using now. Think about the Outputs, the part of the program that does the work.
y = out/put
There are not many OUTPUTS, so they are easily organized into a flow chart of the process. Here is one way to do it using the PLC programming software called LogixPro.

Now you only have 5 things to make happen. You only need to answer 5 questions, and your program design will be finished:
1. What X inputs are needed to make Y0 operate?
2. What is needed to turn Y1 ON and what turns it OFF?
3. When does the Y4 piston need to EXTEND, and when does it need to RETRACT?
4. Which X inputs will make Counter C0 count up to 3?
5. Which X inputs will make Counter C1 count up to 3?

Most people get confused by first trying to look at all the Inputs, the "X" parameters. Do the opposite: Look first at the things that do the ACTION, the "Y" Outputs.

BOTTLE FILLING PROGRAM OUTLINE.jpg

Last edited:
The if/else in ladder would look rather like this:
| X Y0
|--| |----------------( )----
|
| X Y1
|--|/|----------------( )----
|

(The forum software seems to dislike white-space, Y0 and Y1 should be above the respective coils).

This means that IF X is ON turn Y0 ON, ELSE turn Y1 ON (leaving the other Y off). Y0 and Y1 may of course be replaced with any other kind of instruction, like move, clear, add and so on. Switching from "conventional" programming to ladder takes a bit of effort but isn't hard at all.

Last edited:
Send me PM with your phone No.Not 059
I will call you back and try to help.

Who made this machine?
We made lot of them during the years.

Last edited:
this machine is look like this one http://www.youtube.com/asdo4i#p/a/u/0/ihIxOlE-FJM
but I'm trying to make it a full automatic control
I finished the mechanical system

X0 =C0
X1 = C1
x4,x5 limit SW
X1 count 3 then Y1=1,Y0=0

then X0 count 3 then Y0=1 And Y4=1 ---> T0 : activate by X5 until 30 sec after that Y4=0 until X4=1-----> Y4=off

another Q how can i make a 1. loop and an 2.initial condition
like ta say y0=0 y1=1, y4=0

is the initial condition is the O\P condition in the rung ????

Last edited: