1783 natr cidr

Shlzy

Howdy,

Has anyone tried to translate different subnets on private to the one net on public with the 1783-NATR

Ie
Device 1 - 192.168.10.1 translate to 190.191.191.10
Device 2 - 192.168.11.1 translate to 190.191.191.11

I was hoping to use only the one NAT to read tags from 18 devices on separate subnets up to scada.

Can I supernet my private and translate only the devices I want to level 3?

Or will I need a NAT on each subnet?

Cheers

It depends on your SUBNET mask on your private network. If your subnet mask on your private network is 255.255.254.0, it will work because both address are in the same subnet. If the 192.168.10.x and 192.168.11.x address are different subnets, then i do not believe it will work because it is not possible for the NAT device to be connected to more than one private subnet. In that case, you will need a NAT device for each subnet or a more capable managed switch.

Thanks Helliana,
I was thinking along the same line with the subnet mask
But wasnt sure on the NAT being capable.
I have a spare NAT so i might try it on the rig and see what its possible of doing.