120VAC Fan controlled via PLC suggestions

If the heat is not too bad you could put 2 fans inside the panel, one on the left pointing up and one on the right pointing down, to circulate the air around inside the panel, on a site I used to go to had this arrangement in their panels that were mounted next to aluminium moulds that were at about 177 deg F (from memory or they could have been 170 deg C).

This way the whole panel was at the same temperature and they did not hev to put air conditioners on the panels.

Alan.

There's no need to guess about the right cooling method. Rittal, Hoffman, etc. have methods in their catalogs for calculating the heat load and cooling capacities of a system. You can also get tech support from the enclosure manufacturers to assist you.

And Racer's caution about the sun is well taken - a sun shield can make a huge difference.