Running FactoryTalk View SE V5.0 to work with FactoryTalk Service Platform 2.40 ?

alpine

I have installed FactoryTalk SE V5.0 On Computer ( Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit ), But this computer has already been installed FactoryTalk Service Platform 2.40. When I run FactoryTalk SE V5.0, Program suggest me that
"The FactoryTalk Service Platform V2.10 is required to be installed on this machine before running this program"

Certainly, I have to uninstall FactoryTalk Service Platform 2.40 before I install FactoryTalk Service Platform 2.10

I would not like to uninstall FactoryTalk Service Platform 2.40

anyone has the method about running FactoryTalk SE V5.0 to work with
FactoryTalk Service Platform 2.40 ?

Thank
alpine

I would suggest upgrading your Factory Talk View Studio to the latest version. You will still be able to create runtime applications for older Panelview Plus units.

If you are using FTView ME for SE (distributed or standalone) then I would have to defer to others as to whether or not this would cause any issues.

I think the version you're working with (5.0) is not officially supported on Windows 7, but I may be mistaken on that last point.

I'm pretty sure that the only version that will install on Windows 7 is FT View 6.1. I wasted a lot of time on this already. There is also a special procedure for exporting projects since it uses a different version of RSLinx Enterprise. In the end it works just fine even with older hardware.

I have a M12 nut that I am trying to thread on a 1/2" NC bolt. It begins to thread but then sticks. I do not want to get an M12 bolt.

Can anyone help me ?

Why not ?

I really want to know how you are justifying all the work you are doing trying to get obsolete software onto a mix of computers and operating systems.

FTV SE 5.0 not work with FTV service platform 2.40

I have two computer notebooks,

1. Notebook (OS Windows XP SP2) that I have installed FTV SE 5.0 and run completely.

2. Notebook (OS Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit ) that I also have installed FTV SE 5.0
After I have installed FTV SE 5.0 completely, But I cannot run FTV SE 5.0
because FTV SE 5.0 does not work with FatoryTalk Serviceplatform 2.40

I get it, I've read your posts.

The best way to install FactoryTalk View Studio on a laptop is to run it in a virtual machine. This isolates it from all the service packs and CPR's and Service Platform revisions.

Don't run FTView SE Server on a laptop. Try not to run FTView SE Client on a laptop.

Don't run FTView Studio for ME at any version other than 6.10. It just isn't worth the hassle.

Ken, I have M12 dies in both coarse and fine that you can borrow for your nut problem. I'm in Seattle, just try to get over before the SR520 tolls start on 12/29.

I have a M12 nut that I am trying to thread on a 1/2" NC bolt. It begins to thread but then sticks. I do not want to get an M12 bolt.

Can anyone help me ?
Was that bolt LH thread or RH?
Righty tighty lefty loosy does not always work

Yes I will help you - BUT - we need to clarify some things

1. Do you want help or be told what you want to hear?
2. Are you willing to do it another way

Howya doin Ken?

Dan Bentler

Can anyone help me ?

I have the answer Ken,
Buy a 10mm bolt run some silver solder on it
and then run a thread over the bolt.

I would suggest 1/2" UNC that might help