Connecting to Siemens 319 PLC

jackhenkel

Ok, I want to download my S7 program into my CPU 319-3PN/DP. The problem is I can't even get my PC to talk to the PLC. My ethernet cable is connected and the lights are blinking so it appears the cable is fine. I am wondering if I have the wrong IP address? How do I find the IP for my CPU? I am sure one has already been set.

Have you used this PC before to successfully communicate via PROFInet or is this the first attempt at it (PC <--> PLC)?

If your laptop is running Symantec Endpoint, you might need to disable it. We experienced a similar problem here with our laptops running Endpoint Protection and PROFInet.

Correct settings in Pg/PC interface?

I have used this laptop to connect to this exact PLC before. I have made a little progress as far as atleast seeing the PLC. Now when I go to download I am getting "Online: SN_SERV not started"

I think this whole issue was caused by my laptop. I used a co-workers laptop and seemed to be easy. I reconnected my laptop and everything is working fine. Not sure what happened but I think I am good to go. As JRW said the edit ethernet nodes is what I needed. Thanks for the help.