How to progamaticaly download a program to an Aromat´s PLC

loudenvier

I´m trying to write an application to load a program to an Aromat FP0, FP1 or FP2 PLC.

I thought it would be easy, since they used an open protocol, MEWTOCOL-COM, but I did not find the downloading command in the protocol specification.

MEWTOCOL-COM is meant to be a serial communication protocol, and I´m using it over RS-232.

I´ve done a little "packet sniffing" and found that FPWin and FPLoad (both programs from the manufacturer) used an undocumented command to download the program to their PLC.

Before I dig a little deeper, and start some reverse engineering (which is permited by law to the extent of integration and interfacing purposes), I´m posting this question here to see if someone knows how to load a program into the PLC without using a human driven application.

Perhaps, if someone knows of a console application that do this, then please, send a link to it for me, cause it would save my day (and countless sleepless hours)!

Thanks,

Last edited: