Need help with Click program

GLe

Haven't written a program in over ,,,well many years.
Doing a gratis job for my local Izaac Walton Club.
Writing a program for a gate control and I need some help in reviewing. After visiting this site I see a lot of good programmers /integrators.
Not sure how I can attach my Click program.

I reviewed your program. I think it will work, but probably it is a little more complex than it needs to be. You could do away with the Sets and Resets to eliminate a rung or two.

One thing not shown is a Stop button. I assume that you only have one keypad button for both Gate Up and Gate Down, and a Keypad Override Switch. Is that correct? How exactly is the Override switch supposed to function?

IWLA Gate Rev 3

Lancie, Thanks for your review.
I have modified my program and answering below your questions.
Appreciated.
Greg

I reviewed your program. I think it will work, but probably it is a little more complex than it needs to be. You could do away with the Sets and Resets to eliminate a rung or two.
I thought that was the only way to latch and unlatch

One thing not shown is a Stop button. Not needed in this application.

I assume that you only have one keypad button for both Gate Up and Gate Down, and a Keypad Override Switch. Is that correct? Yes. Correct. But Gate Down is not a function of the keypad. The Gate Down is accomplished by the limit switches detecting the position of the gate. At it's "Opened" position timer T2 counts down and initiates gate closure.

IF while the gate is lowering should a car pass through either the PE sensor X006 or the buried magnetic sw X007 will open the gate again and the reversal to close will start once the PE and magnetic switch goes low.

How exactly is the Override switch supposed to function?
The Key Override Sw keeps the gate "UP" or open and prevents the closing part of the program. Locks out the motor reversal.
For example somedays my club has events that is open to the public or we have tournament. The Key override sw is turned on and the gate remains opened. It is a maintained two position sw.

IWLA Gate

Can I latch and unlatch like a regular motor control wiring?
After reviewing the Click programming I thought the only way to latch and unlatch is with the SET and RST. ???

yes

Can I latch and unlatch like a regular motor control wiring?
After reviewing the Click programming I thought the only way to latch and unlatch is with the SET and RST. ???
Yes logic latching is the way to if nothing needs to be latched undewr a power failure.

Also just use your inputs no need to go to a storage bit( c0 c1 and so on) that is going to do the same thing. This is one of the "make it less complicated part"

Latching iwla gate

Yes logic latching is the way to if nothing needs to be latched undewr a power failure.

Also just use your inputs no need to go to a storage bit( c0 c1 and so on) that is going to do the same thing. This is one of the "make it less complicated part"

I initially had a normal sealing contact in one of my first designs. Then read ( or so I think so) that an "OUT" ; in the Click software program , would remain high
which didn't make sense to me. So thus the SET- RST rungs.
I didn't try the program with a normal latch. Should've.
Power failure would be a issue if the gate is in motion of going up or down.

Mag switch reply

what happen if the magnetic contactor jammed/stick ?

It is a thought but the mag contactor is an internal coil/ contact.
Not much chance of it "sticking". I suppose something could go wrong with the buried magnetic switch staying high, but then the gate would stay open all the time. The problem would be noticed and repairs made.
Thanks for the Article 325 BTW. And thanks for looking at this design. Appreciated.

One reason to keep the C interposing contacts is if you are using a HMI operator panel and need the C bits to display info on the panel.

Otherwise, you could delete the Sets, Resets, and most of the "C" internal relays, and reduce it to 3 or 4 rungs as shown in the attached PDF. The first rung now is only an information rung, and those comments could be entered elsewhere. If you really only need one of the Up Limit switches (X003 or X004) then you could probably eliminate C4 also and cut it to only 2 rungs, 1 for the Up Contactor and 1 for the Down Contactor.

EDIT: In fact, why keep C4? Here it is without C4, and only 2 action rungs plus the Info rung.

Last edited: