Programming a velocity for linear feed cylinder - Studio5000?

Austin1985

I have a hydraulic linear feed cylinder with feedback on a proportional valve. I use a little math to calculate a user input speed unit to ramp the position command for an actual velocity. This does not help when jogging the cylinder, though. My math requires the initial position and final position, so this does not work when jogging the cylinder. There has to be a way to maybe use a periodic task (which the scan can be changed with SSV), and ramp the command to the cylinder without the need for the initial position and final position.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks

Why can't the initial position be where it's currently at, and the final position be the end of travel, if you release jog then it stops, it doesn't matter it didn't go all of the way.

Delta RMC 70 series

Fastest way to expert hydraulic velocity/pressure/positioning control, from a company with fantastic support. (No, I don't work for them)

We use the RMC for injection molding, World Class performance.

Best regards,

Plastic

Or 1756-M02AS

There is a Control Logix Hydraulic Velocity/Pressure/Position module that behaves like an electric servo... We use these also.

Bullet-proof.

A Rockwell branded product, but the immediate success you will achieve is also a net result of Delta, as Peter developed this product also.

Why struggle, when there are off-the-shelf solution?

Best Regards,

Plastic

We will use the Delta RMC 70 series controller if I can’t get the current controller to behave properly. There are some politics involved, and I want to try and resolve some of these issues behind the scenes before purchasing more components, and furthering the delay of completion.

Of course, in any other circumstance, it would have been engineered properly.

Thanks for the reply