Ignition SCADA Questions

Thanks everyone for the replies, I have started the IA University courses so we will see how this goes.

Is this an oil and gas project?

No it isn't for Oil and Gas, this will actually be my first "manufacturing" type of system. It is starting out pretty simple as a hardware upgrade. Then more advanced control including some motion will start to phase in. I think it will be a perfect application for me to learn motion as everything is on the same plane, not high precision and just 2 axis of motion.

So if I get the job look for lots of questions from me šŸŗ

So if I get the job look for lots of questions from me šŸŗ
Make sure you join up over at the IA forums as well. There's some incredibly experienced/cluey people over there, and you often get responses directly from the developers themselves.

I'm currently developing a new application on the Ignition 8 Beta. There are a few bugs still to be ironed out (that's what a Beta is, after all) but the engagement of the developers is outstanding. Yet one more reason it wipes the floor with FTView and Wonderware...

Me: it sure would be nice to have this feature in the software. It would make x and y so much faster/easier/more efficient

Schenider/AB: ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Ignition developers: great idea! Iā€™ll open a ticket and see if we can get it added to an upcoming release