Using EDS file to configure message

Fr-Felipe

I`m trying to command a Mitsubishi inverter F800 using a Micrologix PLC with message instructions.

I sucessfully controled it using a Compact Logix with a EDS file.

Opening the EDS file i have these information:

[Params]
Param1 =
0, $ reserved, shall equal 0
6,"20 29 24 01 30 03", $ Link Path Size, Link Path
0x0000, $ Descriptor
0xC1, $ Data Type
1, $ Data Size in bytes
"Run forward", $ name
"", $ units
"Run forward", $ help string
0,1,0, $ min, max, default data values
,,,, $ mult, div, base, offset scaling
,,,, $ mult, div, base, offset links
0; $ decimal places

Is possible to decode the "link path" to send information using message or another instruction ?

Welcome to the Forum !

When you say you "controlled" the F800 with the CompactLogix, do you mean you put it into the I/O tree and used the cyclic I/O connection ?

While it's possible to send CIP Generic messages using the MicroLogix 1100 or 1400 controllers, it is likewise very strongly recommended AGAINST to use that method to control a variable-frequency drive.

The MicroLogix simply isn't designed or built to do control over an Ethernet network. It doesn't have the cyclic I/O connection capability or a dedicated daughtercard to handle those functions.

If you're going to do the stop/start control over hardwire and use messaging to retrieve status data or occasionally send a configuration parameter, my stance softens somewhat.

Hi Ken, thank you for the warm wellcome !

Exactly, i controled the F800 with cyclic I/O connection.

And stop/start will be controled using hardwire, but i need to change speed occassionally.

I can read and write parameters to the inverter, but i can't change the frequency sucessfully, in that point enters the EDS file, i want to look where this value is being written.

You are correct that the EDS file provides clues to the DeviceNet module objects supported by the device.

Can you post a link to the EDS file you are using for this drive ? I could not find one with a brief search of the Mitsubishi website.