OT : Oh Great....

No worries mate,

I live smack in the middle of a bulls-eye.

Three military bases, and half the Air forces C-5 inventory just ten minutes away.

Wont even bother to hide like the folks on the island. Makes no sense to.

Wouldn't want to be around for the after math. No one will survive it anyways.

Just look-em in the eye, tell-em you love-em, then kiss-em good bye.

This ain't nothin' compared to 10:00AM EST Tuesday, October 23rd 1962 when the US naval blockade/quarantine of Cuba began. The clock then was about 3 seconds to midnight.

I sat in a school room looking NE towards the city of Buffalo, NY, waiting for the inevitable flash of light from a nuclear bomb destroying Buffalo's heavy industry; steel mills & chemical plants, manufacturing.

Earlier, a class mate and I decided that we weren't going to wait for the school authorities to take action if it came to blows - the school basement housed a rifle range and the stairwell door was unlocked that morning. We were heading to the basement without further ado if need be.

There was a Nike Ajax surface-to-air antiaircraft launch battery about 3 miles from my house; its mission was to take down Soviet bombers on an over-the-pole flight from the Soviet Union.

The grocery store shelves had already emptied, as were the hunting/fishing sporting goods stores.

I live within striking distance of the biggest arms dump and nuclear submarine base in the UK, that is so dangerous at any time, that even though many Scots do not want it, they cannot relocate it cos it is too dangerous to put in England...cos they think that a million or so of us within the immediate blast radius are expendable, but too dangerous to put near centres of population in England.

We know that Trump is in charge, even though it is "a UK Deterrent"...

I know when it comes, this will be a prime target.....

Eventually, the sun will turn into a red giant... of course, the chance of humanity nuking ourselves will probably happen before that.

Eventually, the sun will turn into a red giant... of course, the chance of humanity nuking ourselves will probably happen before that.

This oughta get the boat rockin.

The other worldly persons ( aliens ) wont let us nuke the planet, if we're too stupid to take care of it, they'll take it back. Too many valuable resources to let it fester in a nuclear waste land.

This oughta get the boat rockin.

The other worldly persons ( aliens ) wont let us nuke the planet, if we're too stupid to take care of it, they'll take it back. Too many valuable resources to let it fester in a nuclear waste land.
That's the thing I can never get in all the "aliens invade Earth" movie. There is no special resource on this rock that aren't plentiful elsewhere in the galaxy. I mean, why bother?