Modbus communication between a S7-300 and a PC

Gromit

Hello,

How can I establish a modbus communication between a PC and a S7-300. The PC should be master and the S7-300 slave.
For the Simatic I'll need a CP341 WITH RS422/485 and a SIMATIC S7, MODBUS SLAVE V3.1 SINGLE LICENSE.
What do I need for the PC side?? A PC card?? A modbus softnet? Do we have a modbus softnet?? I'd like to read the PLC data on Visual Basic 6.0

Thanks in advance

Hello Gromit;

On the PC side your program will have to control your COM port (you will attach a RS-232/RS-485 converter to this port) and implemet Modbus master code to read/write to the PLC data areas.

On control.com there is a link to the Modbus user area, you could look for /request code samples for your application.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Do we have a sort of a Siemens OPC server for Modbus.
I'd like to do it the easiest way. We could use MS Excel, for viewing the required data.

Modbus communications between S7 and PC

We manufacture a product called DeviceMaster UP, which offers the ability via patent pending dual connect plus mode, to communicate via Modbus to/from the PLC, and via TCP/IP to the PC.

The size restrictions for files do not allow me to post the pdf I have that illustrates this.

If you'd like any additional information, please let me know.