constant ratio of four ingredients being mixed together? The code
will pull four percentages from a recipe list, and during ramp up,
master rate, ramp down, and hold rate, keep the percentage of
ingredients constant. PID control has analog outputs to control
valves and pulsed inputs from flowmeters. Similar code for other PLCs
would be acceptable, but Allen Bradley RSLogix 500 for MicroLogix 1500
PLC is preferred.

PID Ratio Control

the Instruction Set Reference Manual for the PLC-5 family includes something which might help -

http://www.ab.com/manuals/cp/178561.pdf

look at “Ratio Control” on Adobe page 226 of 372 - or book page 14-38

the basic technique shown there may help get you on your way - and no, I don’t know why this material wasn’t included in the SLC Instruction Set Reference Manual -

hint: in the sample Multiplication rung, “Destination N7:52” is the Setpoint of the second PID -

Interested in PID batch recipie

welday007 I am working on something Very similar to what you were talking about I'm new to plc's I am working on a Biodiesel line where i need to control Methanol and Sodium methylate mixing into 2 reactors with feedstock oil and i want to reference a Ingrediants based on a Tritration table of the oil being sampled and have the flow adjusted accordingly dependat on what i enter for the Tritation value also I have two pid loops to control independant of flow a static mix temperature in the reactors if you find it possible i'd like to swap some rslogix code so i have something to base my recipe info on or speake with you furthur on how yours is coming thanks in advance Billy.