omron memory card for plc

irondesk40

have a question about the omron plc and the memory card.
If i understand correctly you can take the program that is in a plc and if you have a memory card installed in the plc, you can select to back the program up on the memory card, and then if needed set some switches on the plc and reload the contents of memory card into the plc.
Would anyone have a pdf file that would explain this in more detail.
We have used the micrologix 1200 on the last couple of projects but like the fact that the omron has the memory card option.
Also with some of the older omron plc's that we have used such as the cqm1 plc you could save the data memory area, hr area etc in seperate files. Can these also be saved on the memory card and reloaded if needed, as well as the plc configuration and configurations for cards such as analog cards, ethernet cards etc.
thanks

The CS1 and CJ1 processor families have on board Compact Flash slot. What you are describing is the Easy Backup Feature.

Take a look at the information for Dip Switch 7 on the attached pdf. Note this is a page form the W393 manual for the CJ1.

This feature will backup all memory areas, I/O table, Special I/O setup, basically everything that would need to be reloaded or restored to a new unit.

Hope this will help.