USB to Ethernet Adapter PLC Connection Issues

User Name:

Hello,

I am attempting to connect to a PLC and the peripherals via USB to ethernet adapter plugged into the unmanaged switch and having issues. I have tried changing my computers IP address to match that of the LAN. I have tried changing the devices IP addresses on the LAN... and nothing. I have even tried using two different adapters, an Insignia and a Dell. I have tried connecting straight to the devices without the switch.

RSLinx Classic and the Banner Safety software refuse to recognize that I am connected to their devices. It is obvious that my configuration is the problem but I have been unable to fix it.

Any thoughts?

User Name:

Greetings User Name:

Couple question, What brand and model PLC? what brand Ethernet adapter? have you tried straight from your Ethernet port to the PLC? (if you have an ethernet port)

Any thoughts?

User Name:

Yes how did you come up with your User Name:

Hi geniusintraining,

The PLC is a Allen Bradley CompactLogix 1769-L36ERM. The one adapter is part of a Dell docking station 36M9K, the other is an Insignia NS-PCAE3.

I do not have an ethernet port on my comp.

Check for viruses.
Check your drivers.
Check that the connection is enabled.
Check the network cable.
Check your connection details.
Run the Internet connection troubleshooter.
Roll back the network adapter driver.
Turn off your firewall and VPN software.

Thats a lot of checking for something that is working.... :rolleyes:

Check for viruses.
Check your drivers.
Check that the connection is enabled.
Check the network cable.
Check your connection details.
Run the Internet connection troubleshooter.
Roll back the network adapter driver.
Turn off your firewall and VPN software.

Check the Last Post. (before yours)

;)