5000 Search Results Not Popping up

showshocka

Hi. For some strange reason, my Search /Find/find What/results are not coming up. When I click on the Find All the Search box only flashes one time, no matter what "Limit to:" I choose from the drop down. From what I can recall I have not changed any of my settings. Please help. Thx.

5000 search.JPG

Did you try checking the Wrap checkbox? Unless you start at rung 0 of the main routine you might not find your search request. The search direction is set for down. It will only search down from your current location in program. It would not find RESET if it was above your current location.

And with the current Limit To, it is only searching for a tag with the exact name of "reset". I know you said you have tried other Limit To options.

The Wrap option is probably the issue.

OG

P.S. To clarify, is the problem that the window is not appearing or is it that the window is appearing but with no results?

Have you once used multiple monitors and draaged the un-docked search results window onto the second screen?

Try starting the Logix5000 application with the Shift key pressed and held. This will reset the GUI to factory defaults. You will lose any colour changes you may have made, along with any options like the Start Page turned off etc.

EDIT : Also if you click "Find Next", do you get something like this in the status bar ?

2017-07-15_142735.jpg

Last edited:
Have you once used multiple monitors and draaged the un-docked search results window onto the second screen?

Yep! that's what the problem was. Thanks! The strange thing about it is is that I still had multiple screens hooked up and the results window was "still" way off screen. Do you use a method to keep that from happening?

Do you use a method to keep that from happening?

Nope, I don't use a second monitor very often, but when I do I just make sure I don't leave anything on the secondary screen when I close the application.

Now you've had it happen once, I'm sure you'll remember for the next time....