OT: Metered Powder Output Sense

Typical is 5000 counts. For a 100 pound scale, that's +/- .02 pounds, 9 grams. You start working on the little things to get better than that. Up to 40,000 counts is possible, but probably not realistic in an industrial setting. With proper design, I expect I could get 10,000 counts in production.

Just a note.
Most bread making industry use weight measurement systems.
Even plastic bottles

What I ended up doing is making a self dumping tub out of a small plastic parts tray and a pneumatic cylinder. Then I mounted the assembly on top of a 5 pound scale with an analog output, mounted so it dumps over the edge of the scale.

The PLC records the empty weight after each dump for tare and the weight while filling, stops the auger when the right amount and dumps the tray into the mixing tank below the scale.

If the solution gets low concentration the operator can adjust the powder weight on the HMI, within reasonable limits.

Also, the powder feels and acts exactly like powdered sugar used in baking and cake icing, except one cup of the stuff weighs almost 3 pounds/1.3 kg and it is a very dark gray color, as it's powdered copper.

What I ended up doing is making a self dumping tub out of a small plastic parts tray and a pneumatic cylinder. Then I mounted the assembly on top of a 5 pound scale with an analog output, mounted so it dumps over the edge of the scale.

The PLC records the empty weight after each dump for tare and the weight while filling, stops the auger when the right amount and dumps the tray into the mixing tank below the scale.

If the solution gets low concentration the operator can adjust the powder weight on the HMI, within reasonable limits.

Also, the powder feels and acts exactly like powdered sugar used in baking and cake icing, except one cup of the stuff weighs almost 3 pounds/1.3 kg and it is a very dark gray color, as it's powdered copper.
Are you aware the link in you signature leads to a *** chat site?

Are you aware the link in you signature leads to a *** chat site?

I deleted it.

I retired and no longer have the domain, and haven't logged in here in a while.

But when I clicked it to see what was censored I got a Buy This Domain page, not any chat.

II retired and no longer have the domain, and haven't logged in here in a while.

That explains why I haven't been able to get you on the phone to come & update a couple lines you worked on here. Sorry to hear that. Do you have a suggestion of someone in the area with your level of knowledge?

The number of people who announced they retired, just on this forum, is quite surprising. I wonder if there is enough talent out there to fill these spots as quick as they're vacated.