Opening DB10: Error message 30:504

tuan795

I had a same problem with DB10 in PLC 400H program; by opening DB10 (for my project) I get message 30:504:"There are no parameter and local variable names available because there is a time-stamp conflict between block interface of the blocks and the description of parameter and variable name".

As our investigation and testing, this error will cause FCs or FBs which use parameters of DB10 will not be executed after they downloaded. With your experience, please give solution to fix completely this error.

My solution is

I have done Block comparison between online & offline program. it's show time stamp conflict. I will download this Block to PLC (RAM). Is it correct?

What this error message means is that the copy of DB10 stored in your offline project is different to the copy in the CPU memory. Most likely, your offline copy is out of date and the program has been modified by someone else but the other alternative is that someone edited DB10 and downloaded it to the CPU without saving it.

You must first look at the differences and decide which copy is correct: Online or Offline?

Compare all blocks. Is DB10 the only block that is different? If other blocks are also different then try to find the correct offline copy.

If the offline copy is correct then you can download it to the cpu but then how did the wrong copy get in the CPU?

If the Online copy is correct then the best bet is to edit the offline block to match the online block or you will lose all the symbols and comments for the block.

Nick

Hi Manglemender

The time stamp conflict only

Now, the PLC is running and control the machine, it mean that the online copy is correct
If the Online copy is correct then the best bet is to edit the offline block to match the online block. Is it OK?

Question:

Is DB10 a Instance DB or Global DB?

If it is an Instance DB, someone modified FB interface offline.

The interface of the FB offline should be corrected to match the online.

If it is a Global DB, and contains UDT variables, then a UDT was modified. UDTs are not stored in the PLC. If you open the DB10 that has the error, you should see some items in red possibly... this means the UDT does not exist or doesn't match what is in the project.

The UDT should be recreated with the proper variables to match what is online.

Post a screenshot of the DB10 with the problem.

Question:

Is DB10 a Instance DB or Global DB?

If it is an Instance DB, someone modified FB interface offline.

The interface of the FB offline should be corrected to match the online.

If it is a Global DB, and contains UDT variables, then a UDT was modified. UDTs are not stored in the PLC. If you open the DB10 that has the error, you should see some items in red possibly... this means the UDT does not exist or doesn't match what is in the project.

The UDT should be recreated with the proper variables to match what is online.

Post a screenshot of the DB10 with the problem.

Dear Sir,

Please see attach file (i didn't online with PLC)

K21.png

Hi Manglemender

The time stamp conflict only

Now, the PLC is running and control the machine, it mean that the online copy is correct
If the Online copy is correct then the best bet is to edit the offline block to match the online block. Is it OK?

Or upload what you have in the PLC... depending on the DB itself and what is in it, you may even get away by downloading the one you have. But if you are not sure (which you aren't or you wouldn't be here), upload and save.

It looks like someone edited the block online but never saved it.

If you are certain that it is only a time stamp difference then you could manually enter the values from the online block into to offline block and then download that. Or, you can save the online block to your offline folder, re-enter the missing names and comments and then download it again.

This has always been a big problem with Simatic manager.

Good luck

Note:
First, tuan795 is opening the block OFFLINE when he gets this message, which has nothing to do with the PLC yet. When it is a global data block, it means there is a UDT involved, and either it is missing or it was modified and the data block was not updated.

I see by the STAT0.STAT1 format of the names that there is a problem with a UDT.