Can you edit a Rockwell FactoryTalk hmi file with Factory Talk SE

passwordg

We have a FactoryTalk HMI running on an industrial PC. Which software do you need to edit and add screens to this ?
I'm confused with Factory Talk SE and ME.

What I read was FactoryTalk View Studio SE can edit both SE and ME projects. FactoryTalk View Studio ME can edit ME projects only.

So should I get the SE license to cover all bases ?

Last edited:
FactoryTalk View ME can run on a desktop PC as well as on the PV+, so it would be best to find out from the customer what edition of the software they have. A look at the Start menu might do the trick, or at the Activations that are installed.

If FactoryTalk View ME Station is installed, you'll see it in the Start menu under Rockwell Software -> FactoryTalk View -> FactoryTalk View ME Station.

If you had to go in blind, you need to buy FTView Studio SE edition in order to have the ability to edit both SE and ME projects. Unless there is a very good commercial reason to go in blind, I don't recommend it.