Help With a Diagram Please

In your diagram JohnCalderwood, is the relay RC the same as RC1 or are they 2 separate RCs? If not then how is the relay RC connected to the circuit on the right?

Thank you JohnCalderwood but I have a couple questions abut the diagram:

1) Is the relay RC the same as RC1 or are they 2 separate things?

2) If they are 2 separate things then how is the relay RC connected to the circuit on the right?

It is likely the same relay, perhaps he referenced it as contact 1 from relay RC.

FWIW gentlemen, I assume by the original posters user name it is a lady (name is from R.A. Salvatore's fantasy novels.)
Sorry if I offended her in any way by assuming she was male. I do apologize for that mistake. Unfortunately I don't know the novelist where she got her name from.

Last edited:
I am a returning student (over 10 years out of school) and they threw me into a class where I have forgotten the lessons taught from the prerequisites of the course I'm taking. I would like to get up to speed by understanding the answers you guys are providing.
In that case I do also apologize for the rather harsh remarks I made earlier. You indeed do have a valid point asking questions of that magnitude. Unfortunately for me I can't make up things because others have already beaten me to it.