1734-VHSC Input Data

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

Using a 1734-VHSC for the first time (the 24V version). I think I have the theory of how to make it do what I want down, but it would appear that sometime in the last 12 years AB updated the input data table for the module, and didn't think it necessary to update the manuals. The last manual I've been able to find for any 1734 counter module is August 2005.

For the sake of making sure I have all my t's crossed and lower case j's dotted, can anyone point me to any updated documentation that explains the input data structure? Alternatively, can you help me confirm my suspicions and fill in the blanks below?

Fault (DINT): presumably either a fault code, or a word containing 32 bits that represent 32 different faults. Does a list of these faults/fault codes exist somewhere?

PresentData (DINT): Current counter value

StoredData (DINT): Stored counter value from when the configured "store" operation was last enacted

Status (INT): presumably contains a status code of the module. Does a list of these statuses (stati??) exist somewhere?

ZeroFreqDetect (BOOL): detects zero counter frequency, when configured

StoredDataCount_2, StoredDataCount_3 (BOOL): Two-bit binary value which increments to confirm that the store operation has been enacted

AInputStatus, BInputStatus, ZInputStatus (BOOL): Status of inputs A, B and Z

OutputStatus_8, OutputStatus_9 (BOOL): Status of outputs 1 and 2 respectively

OutputFault_10, OutputFault_11 (BOOL): Fault on outputs 1 and 2 respectively (based on what IS in the manual, probably a hardware fault, rather than a configuration fault)

NotReady (BOOL): Module is being initialised

EEPROM Fault (BOOL): Fault with EEPROM unit in module

ProgramFault (BOOL): Configuration problem with the module (?)

Thanks everyone!

Thanks Tarik - I have that manual as well. But it's just the installation manual and while it does contain some limited information on the data structure, it still doesn't match the tag structure I have (seems to be based on using the card as a "generic ethernet module" using input and output assemblies).

OK, so I've found that the Studio 5000 help files provide a detailed rundown of the data types. The only thing missing is any sort of detail on what the Fault and Status words mean. Based on the fact that their default display type is Binary, I could *assume* that it's a case of each bit representing a different fault/status, rather than the integer as a whole representing a fault/status code. I could also *assume* that these bits are probably similar to the fault/status bits in the 2005 manual, even though the fault word is now a 32-bit integer rather than a 16-bit integer.

A call to Rockwell technical support resulted in a hesitant suggestion that I just roll with those assumptions and call them if something isn't working. Which is exactly what you need o_O

Help File.jpg