M340 - NOC or NOE

yiph

Hi,

I'm new to the M340 PLC and would like to know what is the difference between the NOC and NOE cards.

I'm using a M340 - P34-2020 CPU and it has a Modbus and Ethernet port already. From my understanding, the CPU ethernet port is quite limited and I'll need a NOC or NOE card to do Modbus TCP.

Looking at the spec from Schneider website, the NOC has EIP support and the NOE does not.
But the NOE has I/O Scanning, but the NOC doesn't seem to support I/O Scanning?

I have a network of M340 PLCs, CP30 RTU, some Modbus TCP devices and maybe some Ethernet IP enabled VSDs.

My guess is that the NOC card is capable of communicating with all the above devices?

Thanks!

Hi. The onboard port can do modbus tcpip but cannot do io scanning.
The Noe can do io scanning but not ethernet ip.
The noc can do io scanning its just a bit of a pain to setup. But can do ethernet ip. I think your decision will depend on the devices you want to talk to. I would take the noc card as it can everything the noe can do plus ethernet ip