**** Cosy 131

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I've got a customer who quite often needs remote support at various sites, and he asked if there was a device I could give him that would allow him to have me connect to a PLC remotely. The e w o n Cosy 131 probably fits the bill - throw in a sim card, power it up, and I can remotely connect to it. Obviously, I'll have to configure the e w o n to be on the same subnet as the PLC on the LAN side - no problems there. But what I'm not sure of is, will the PLC need the gateway address set to the address of the e w o n to work? I'm not sure whether the e w o n...

- Passes the data from my programing laptop back and forth over the VPN and acts as a gateway, meaning I would need to set the gateway address of the PLC before it would work, or
- Directly receives my data and sends it to the PLC as if it were itself the programming laptop, and then when the PLC responds to it, passes the data back

Can anyone confirm?

Off topic, but We use the Flexy. Seems as they have at least 3 overlapping devices then with netbiter and cosy... We don’t use gateway adr set up either but have sometimes difficulty reaching Siemens hmi but not the plc.

OK, I had to know why the forum software would not permit the display of the name of this mfr, E W O N. Turns out that in one of the languages in Nigeria, Yoruba, this word translates literally to "jail" or "imprisonment", but is apparently also used as slang there for certain female anatomical attributes. Wow... I wonder if the company knows that?

I think this company spammed this site years ago and had basically been banned ever since, at least that's what I remember hearing. If that's true, it's juvenile on both sides.