Problems with Boolean or DINT array and OPC

hardaysknight

Lifetime Supporting Member
The software: RSLogix5000 + Graphworx32 by Iconics + Iconics Unified Data Browser + Applicom OPC Server

I need to have my HMI software (Graphworx) flash a square whenever a bit from an array latches on in RSLogix 5000. The trouble is I can either use a boolean array (which means I have to use a bunch of unlatch bits), or a DINT. I want to use a DINT, but I'm only able to see the whole DINT in OPC and not individual bits from the array. I'd prefer to be able to use something like a MOV bit to reset the whole array when the machines pumps turn off.

I really hope I made sense.

You have to add the bit level yourself.

See example below.

x= {{RSLinx OPC Server\[PLC080_NBT]Base_C.Gen_DINT[0].1}}

RSLinx OPC Server will be your applicom OPC.

PLC080_NBT is the PLC name.

Base_C.Gen_Dint[0] is the PLC tag

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mark

You have to add the bit level yourself.

See example below.

x= {{RSLinx OPC Server\[PLC080_NBT]Base_C.Gen_DINT[0].1}}

RSLinx OPC Server will be your applicom OPC.

PLC080_NBT is the PLC name.

Base_C.Gen_Dint[0] is the PLC tag

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mark

I tried that earlier but it still did not work. So far I'm just using a DINT[16] and used 16 individual DINTs instead of using a single array. I'm using a FLL to reset the entire DINT[16] array.

OK.

This should work.

x= bittest({{RSLinx OPC Server\[PLC_080]Alarms_NF_08}},12)

RS Linx OPC Server is the OPC server.
PLC_080 is the PLC name
Alarms_NF_08 is the tag, pointing to bit 12.

I have got this running on a system here and it works. You have to make sure the syntax is correct.

Cheers

Mark

OK.

This should work.

x= bittest({{RSLinx OPC Server\[PLC_080]Alarms_NF_08}},12)

RS Linx OPC Server is the OPC server.
PLC_080 is the PLC name
Alarms_NF_08 is the tag, pointing to bit 12.

I have got this running on a system here and it works. You have to make sure the syntax is correct.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks! I'll give this a try next week.