control logix PIDE error

vram

Hi. I am working on control logix version 13.03 with LOGIX 5000 with both FBD and ladder editors. the problems : is it possible to generate error on PIDE with KP,KI, KD acting on it(delta CV)
What I mean it should be Delta CV which will be toggling between -(minus) and +(plus) values for trimming set point of another PIDE controller. I use this delta CV for cascading cross control sp trimming
I worked on DCS system of Toshiba controller which gives me a very fine control of Set value. the same Iwant to implement with Control logix
Many thanks

pide error

CVn=CVn-1+KpDE+KiEDt+Kd En-2En-1+En-2

Dt

Figure 4 – Velocity Algorithm

Hi!.
I have found out this velocity algorithm from the rockwell knowledge site.
1. can I get the output from PIDE block without CVn-1 from the above equation of PIDE Functional blocks of control logix
2. the same kind of velocity algorithm available from the PID of the ladder of control logix ?
pl comment and advice
thanks everybody

Ram,

we are not able to see the figure u posted. try to repost with pic.

PS: how are the things going in vizag???

HI

there is no PIC, it contains only velocity algorithms. I am looking for a similar kind but my question is has anyody tried this equation however i am givig the attachmet of PIDE

If I understand you correctly you are wanting to operate one PIDE in bipolar mode to adjust the setpoint of another PIDE.

I have an application where we do this. The EU output of the PIDE is set to -1.0 to +1.0. I use the CVInit input to initialize the PIDE output to 0.0. Then it can operate in heating (0 to 1.0) or cooling (0 to -1.0) to modulate the setpoint. The PIDE output is multiplied by a number that represents a band by which it can modifiy the setpoint of the second PIDE, thus giving -100% to 100% of the allowed adjustment band.

yes to some extent you are correct. here in my application the EU is from 0 to 1400 DEG C. we have this application running on DCS system but the same we could not implement in PLC control logix