Melsecnet/10 Wireless

jasonrvt23

Hi, I am currently using a Melsec Q2ACPU-S1 with AJ71QLP21G Melsecnet/10 network module to connect to another PLC system of same configuration. The connection between these two Network Modules are done through Fiber Optic and the distance is 1500M. We are currently planning to Upgrade the physical connection of Fiber Optic to Wireless Mode.

1) Has anyone worked with Melsecnet/10 network and can these network be made wireless. What modules are there to do this convertion?

2) Our intention is not to interfere with the existing PLC program and hardware modules. We are planning add additional modules to make these connections wireless. Currently, I found out several modules which does Fiber to Ethernet convertion. I.e. FO to RJ45 convertion. By doing this, I would be able to use currently available of the shelf wireless modules to do the wireless connection. This would be done under the Wireless Bridge connection. Only thing I am afraid is the convertion of Melsecnet/10 network....will there be any inteferance to data?

Jason