MAC 50 Operator Terminal/HMI – Password?

Safebuster

I have a piece of equipment, being controlled by a Mitsubishi FX-80 MR with a Mitsubishi / Beijers MAC 50 connected to it. The system was programmed some years ago and the only software I have is that which I have managed to download from the terminal and the PLC using MAC Programmer+ and Melsec Medoc (Basically I’ve had to work out how it operates from this).

My major problem is that the MAC 50 requests a password when changing to another screen (this allows time adjustments) but I don’t know the password! I have downloaded the configuration to MAC Programmer+ but I cannot see the password in the downloaded information? I understand from the manual, that the MAC 50 could be ‘self programmed’ using its own interface, rather than a PC? Is this the way to either read the existing password or set a new one without destroying the configuration/programming of the terminal?

For information, the MAC 50 manual states only this: ‘A password can be allocated to a block here. An entry field is shown where the operator enters a password when a block defined with a password is to be shown on the screen. The password can be any combination of max six numbers and/ or letters.”

Any help would be greatly appreciated.