Modicon Concept To Siemens Step 7

jimdi4

Hello,

I have been working on a Modicon Concept program in LAD and have started another program in Siemens Step 7.

Since our equipment is identitcal, I was wondering if it is possible , or has any copied a program from Modicon Concept LAD (Ladder format) to Siemens Step 7 lad format?...

Thanks in advance...

You are going to have to re-enter the entire program, and make changes in form and syntax to accommodate differences between the two. I do not believe there is any "translator" program out there, and cut and paste is not possible between the two platforms.

Pre 2000, some Modicon reps claimed that you can write your programs in Concept, export in IL, then re-import into any IEC compatible programming software, such as S7.

Personally, I am skeptical, but you may as well give it a try. It will only take half an hour, and if it works, or even just mostly works, you may save yourself some time.

Of course, please report back and tell us if it works.

I have a feeling though, that you may be re entering the entire program.

Doug

STEP7 STL (Statement List) is NOT compatible with IEC IL (Instruction List).

The only STEP7 language that conforms to IEC 1131-3 is SCL (conforms to IEC ST 'Structured Text').