AB Panelview 1000 plus

chatlani

I have a AB panel with SLC 5/05 with panelview 1000 plus. How do i display my screens on the panelview which has an ethernet connection, so i can check it anywhere in the world? Essentially, can someone tell me ho i go about broadcasting my information so its accesible from internet explorer?

Thanks

The PanelView Plus doesn't have a webserver.

To do what you want, you would need RSView32 and it's Webserver capability.

Internet access to machine control screens is, in my opinion, way more than a machine-mounted HMI is intended to do.

hi

do you want to view your pv screens from a remote site, or view data from a remote site. If you have a limited amount of data then it is possible to get the slc 5/05 to act as a limited web server. Note that you need the latest release of logix 500 to do this. It will provide a sort of web page, but it's best for data.

As for the pv screens don't have any ideas....sorry.
Hope this helps

regards

kevin

I would like to view all my pv screens as well as data on a remote pc. I have been told to have a pc linked to the pv and the pc needs to be setup via a VPN. Is that the right way yo go about doing this?

thanks Kevin

You should be able to setup some kind of connection of the 5/05 to the internet. VPN is a good option. You can then run the RSView application on your PC with the ethernet driver pointing to the 5/05. It would be like you have a second PV on your desktop.

I am not sure if this is what you want to do, but it is the closest that I know.

If you were told that you could do that, why not ask the person who told you how to do it?

Bottom line is, you can't do what you are wanting to do without a device serving the information out to your pc.

Now, if you wanted to re-create some screens via RSView32, or install a "supervisory" panelview, then this can work. But you can't "see" your panelview screens on a pc somewhere without re-creating it in another enviroment.

Now, if you just want to program the screens, and see some information, RSLogix() and RSLinx should be all you need.

How do i display my screens on the panelview which has an ethernet connection, so i can check it anywhere in the world? Essentially, ... from internet explorer?

It is unbelievable how many people confuse "internet" and "ethernet".

Panic mode,

I am not really sure if you are reading the same thing everyone else is. The last I checked this was a plc tutor site and not a grammar school.

Panic Mode does actually point out the distinction here.

There IS a difference between an "internet" or intranet for that matter, and Ethernet. The PV is ETHERNET based, but it does not serve out information like devices such as servers which fuel the internet.

Speaking of Panelview 1000 Plus

Not to change the subject but my PV+ keeps rebooting. Every few minutes it reboots. When I check the log, it says that it is a watchdog boot. I've searched my software help for watchdog boot and get nothing. I've also searched the AB site and can find nothing. Does anybody have a clue as to which watchdog is forcing this reboot?

If you can set up a VPN connection, you can then run RSView studio (if you don't have the runtime RSView ME) on your PC. Then "Test Application" should allow to view your entire project from anywhere. Be careful though, your screen buttons are active and will turn on/off real world devices at the site.