Process I/O Image size in SIEMENS

Iman

Hey Guys,
I've seen a table in CPU s7-400 specification document in Memory Concept chapter. It says that for each byte of Inputs and Outputs in Process I/O Image , it takes 12 bytes for sizing. I thought they should be same. I mean If I want to assign an input byte in Process I/O Image why should it takes 12 bytes for that input in Process I/O Image ? And also I have the same question in other entries of this table. I've attached the table to this message.
Any responses of each entry of the table is appreciable.This is for my interest and learn the fundamentals issues.
Thank you.

11.jpg

Similar Topics

Hi, When I use an interrupt OB (let's say OB38 which is processed every 10ms), does it read the state of the inputs at the time it is called, or...
Replies
Views
I'm beginning to use Wago IO for remote IO racks via Ethernet/IP. Interfacing with a ControlLogix or CompactLogix. for the most part I have...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys, In S7-400 CPUs brochure,in field of address range, I don't understand why the values of I/O and Process Image I/O are different? I know...
Replies
Views
We have a S5 928B Processor, with an IM308B ET200 card. The profibus network has a 16I/16O ET200B IO module, an OP15, and a profibus Festo valve...
Replies
Views
I would like to increase the process image from my 417-4 cpu in an existing project. When I want to download the hardware config it gives me a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom