clearing a string data file

You must be getting your current Table Data from somewhere.

What is the function that gathers that data?

Use the same function to "grab" a zero from a constant or V-Mem location that has been loaded with a zero. Don't forget to use the right data-type (Interger, Double...).

If you know the specific address in the Table that you want to write the "NULL" (0) to, then use a MOV Function to copy a zero from a constant or V-Mem location that has been loaded with a zero. Don't forget to use the right data-type (Interger, Double...).

Basically, it sounds like you need to shake the dust off of the manual.

I don't have RSLogix handy, so I'm pulling these from memory - some might not work:

Method 1: CLR ST16:0.LEN - just set the string length to zero - the data will go 'poof'

Method 2: CLR N7:0 CLR N7:1 COP #N7:0 ST16:0 2 - the first word in the string is the length - when you copy an integer to a string, the first word goes into the Length, the rest as ASCII.

Method 3: FLL 0 ST16:0 1 - same as 2, just cleaner.

Method 4: Prepare ST16:1 to be "null". COP #ST16:1 #ST16:0 1.

Let me know which one of these works, if any.

Last edited: