AB SLC BTM module alarms

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Done quote a few of these years back, had to modify one to put the 4 alarms per loop, Abs High, Abs Low, Dev High, Dev Low

The alarm enable bit is set, the module is operating correctly and working well (as it has done for 7 years)

Now the Deviation bits are working for the loops when triggered but the Absolute Alarms don't trigger

Four modules and all modules are showing the same problem

Using the Ladder Logic that AB supply - however this is the old logic (not the one that rotates modules its the one that does only a single module and i can't find info on this on the net only the newer ladder as in the 2001 manual)

Word 11 - 1000 (100.0)
Word 12 - 3000 (300.0)
Word 13 - 100 (10.0)
Word 14 - 100 (10.0)
Word 15 set correct 100 (10.0)

Played around with all manner of figures for Word 11 and 12 and can't get the alarm bit from the module to trigger

Alarm Enable bit /6 set to 1 (and deviation alarms are working nicely)

Alarm Bits monitored I:27.4/9 /10 /11 /12 (bits 11 and 12 work) same for slot 28,29 and 30 (four modules)

Spent a whole day on this now and can't see anything wrong in the software at all other than the bits from the modules are not triggering

Anyone got any experience of this or any know issues here ?

And a link to the old ladder and manual if its still around ?

Not been around much lately as not done any plc work for 18 months or so....