Beckhoff BC device communication problem

kalimoto1

Ok I have a communication problem between the server and the device.Maybe someone might know the solution here or have come across this problem before.
What I have at the moment is a program that communicates with the server through TCP/IP by using IpSend and IpReceive blocks rest of the program seems to be working fine except for these 2 blocks. These two block are in the same function block and are called in the main program.

Whats happening is that IpSend doesn't always send out information on the first try(usually takes 3 or more times), the block loops until info is sent(meaning that if it doesn't send then it goes to IpReceive and back to IpSend), then i end up with the same data being sent to the server 3 times which is not needed. This also create a problem when receiving info from the server because IpReceive block doesn't wait and the data is usually lost as the server deletes it once it is sent.

I know this post is a bit long but would anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Hello Kalimoto1, could you please explain it a little bit more?

- Which server are you speaking about?
- ipSend and ipReceive? Searching Beckhoff help this doesn't appear (all of us know that their help system search engine is not their best thing).

Without more information neither seeing the code it is really difficult to help.

Extend your question a little and let's hope someone will be able to help.

Sorry should have cleared that up in first post:

- It is a remote server which I have access to. To which I can send data as well as receive data. Depending on what messages I send it will send me back information that I need.

-Functionblocks are in TcBaseBx9000 library within that library there are block which can be used for communication with the server using tcp/ip

Ok i have attached 4 screenshots. First 2 is the main program where everything is called(I split them up because i couldn't screenshot all of it in one go) second two is the functionblock sendData which contains IpSend and IpReceive from mentioned library and this is where the problem lies I think :confused:..

main1.jpg main2.jpg SendData block1.jpg SendData block2.jpg