slc 5/04 communication problem

tobias

i have a problem communicating with an AB slc5/04 PLC. I want to establish communication between a laptop and this PLC using a serial link. I have Micrologix 500 English version 3.01.09. When i run auto config, it says it can not verify settings, or sometimes if want it to go online it will say processor is not a PLC one. I have failed to communicate wih 3 SLC 5/04 processors. I am thinking it could be my Micrologix application is too old. Could someone help.

little help

As far as I know autoconfig will only work when other settings are correct. Not to sound simple, but are you 100 percent sure the cable is correct? Also, check the com port settings on your laptop to make sure that whichever com port you are using in the driver configuration is the serial port on the laptop. Just a couple of things to check. Good luck, if niether of this helps, there are several posts on this website with a lot of other things that could be hanging you up.

Russ