Beginner programmer

Nvious62

Hello all I am trying to learn some basic programming for my job. What I am wanting to do is on a Allen Bradley plc is write a program sequencing 4 lights with 5 second time delays between each light illuminating. The sequence will start when a “start” button is pressed. After 4 sequences all 4 lights will illuminate. Then sequence will restart when start button is pressed again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok thank you. Like said I’m a beginner and by that I mean really new to this. Is there anyway could go into a little more detail as to how I would do this.

Your description is missing some exact details, but this should get you started.

You didn't say what type of processor you where using, so this is done in Studio5000 V32 with tag names.

Capture.PNG

Ok so here’s what I come up with so far. I’m running cascading timers to make the lights work intermittently. Now I need to figure out how to get the mom push button to latch until it goes through the cycle and get it to count 4 cycles through the intermittent and then stop and all 4 light stay on solid. Then be able to restart it over by pushing the start button.

3446CCD3-5EC1-497D-B7C6-76D050644419.jpeg

Move your start PB input to a rung before the first timer.
Then have the PB seal in a bit such as B3:0/0.
Add a counter that counts the number of cycles, when the counter reaches it's preset, it will break the seal mentioned above. Counter done bit is used to energize all 4 outputs.
Then if counter is done, PB input resets counter.