Favorite MQTT Gateway????

ds7891

Who's using MQTT to send/receive datat out of PLC's/Machines out there and if so, what is your favorite or "go-to" gateway? We've been using the Redlion DAQ since it will talk to pretty much any industrial device. Who else makes something comparable??

For CODESYS controllers you can just connect straight from the PLC to the broker. You pay once for use of the library and then nothing else per PLC.
Should work for any HMIs that use CODESYS then too, but I haven't tried.

Hate to sound uninformed, but am I correct that this device lets you bridge Ignition with a device that Ignition does not support ?

Can you give some examples ? Thank you.

Maybe?? Look on Maple Systems web site and they have a driver list for the MQTT Gateway. If there is a driver, then you can communicate with Ignition with this device.

I choose this device because of the Sparkplug B (3.1.1) protocol. It interfaces with Ignition "Flawlessly".

MQTT is 1000 times easier to setup then Modbus and requires 1000 times less bandwidth to use.