S7 1200 p.i.d.

johnmck66

When the PID block is used in S7 1200 software, does it need to be called from anywhere or just inserted into a network. The help is a bit vague about this.
The screenshot how it looks online, but the PID does not seems to be active.
pid1200.jpg

Last edited:
The old manual just pointed you to the online help and the online help was as much use as a chocolate teapot. The new manual for Step 11 has a lot more information about the PID loop.

Excerpt:

Note
Execute the PID instruction at constant intervals of the sampling time (preferably in a cyclic OB).
Because the PID loop needs a certain time to respond to changes of the control value, do not calculate the output value in every cycle. Do not execute the PID instruction in the main program cycle OB (such as OB 1).

Call it out of ob35. Also in your instance db, check the mode and make sure the pid is set for auto. It is a mode number.

Thanks to all

Thanks to all who helped me, I was getting somewhere near, but not close enough,
Wolverine that link you sent me fills all the gaps, I can go on now to do some serious stuff.
I am puzzled why the stuff was not included in the kit I bought from Siemens.

Thanks a million.
I can sleep tonight now.(y)🍺

I felt the same way when I purchased mine, and when you check their web site there is several different forums that you need to find. And then there is also the Pod Casts, example programs when you can find them and what you can also find on utube.

Tom