micrologix 1400 modbus tcp

blperkins

I have a Micrologix 1400 (BXBA model). Currently I have 2 Keyence SR-651 barcode readers, 2 telemecanique HMIs, and Messaging to and from a second Micrologix 1400. I would like to also set up both the Micrologix 1400s as clients to a Siemens S7-1200 using Modbus TCP. I found the connection limit is 32 total connections, with 16 max incoming and 16 max outgoing connections. By my count I get 7 incoming and 7 outgoing once the Modbus TCP is running, if I add a PC for programming well below the 16 limit.
Am I adding the connections correctly? It is per device right? I just want to make sure I am not missing something.

Similar Topics

I want to learn about modbus communication and I saw on another thread about inexpensive modbus relay units so I found it on Amazon along with a...
Replies
Views
I have a spare Micrologix 1400 Series B I bought used on Ebay awhile back. I had thought of it as a spare PLC for my train project but I screwed...
Replies
Views
Good Day! Would anyone be able to explain what is happening with the COP's and MOV's in this Modbus poll routine? If anything I am confused by...
Replies
Views
I been tasked with setting up communication between a heating cooling unit manufactured by Advantage Engineering and a Microloagix 1400 plc. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to communicate between a MicroLogix 1400 and a Click PLC. There is a great video from AD that shows the simplicity of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom