FTV SE V10- Button disabled with VBA only after mouse is moved

Tanquen

I’m trying to disable a button after a popup is opened using VBA. It works and the button looks disabled but I can keep clicking the button until I move the mouse. Only after the mouse is moved can you not click on it. Is there like a refresh that you have to use after disabling something with VBA?

I’m also trying to re-enable the button when the popup closes with this code but I can’t get it to work.

Dim AllDisplays As Displays
Dim HeaderDisplay As Display

Private Sub Display_Activate()
Set AllDisplays = LoadedDisplays
Set HeaderDisplay = AllDisplays.Item("Header")
End Sub

Private Sub Display_Deactivate()
HeaderDisplay.Button.Enable = 0
End Sub

From 2007!!!!

FactoryTalk View SE: Graphics VBA - Button Object Still Fires Released Event After Being Disabled
45694 | Date Created: 11/02/2007

Cause:
Unknown - under investigation.

I did start down that road but did not fully test as I'd need to make a few buttons to go under the ones you’re diapering and so on but think that is a workaround.

The last thing they came up with was to make some OPC servers and then make some tags in them that you would use to disable the button and still have it be unique to each runtime client but I'm not sure that would work and would not be really slow if it did. I don't think it would work on a terminal server, you'd still be diapering other clients buttons.

I’d still like them to like fix it along with the crashing and the out of sync handles and the whole mouse shift to move stuff that also randomly gets out of sync and moves stuff a random number of pixels and the area folders that get out of sync and the FTAE server that randomly won’t let you make changes without a reboot and… you know the drill. :(