2094 Kinetix 6500

Katronite

Hey all.

Just a few quick question, before I spend hours of reading the manual myself.

I'm at a site, where the software knowledge is limited, and no licence for logix or studio is available.
They have a machine with numerous numbers of Kinetix 6500 drives (None CIP), but only one frontpanel as sparepart.
Is it possible for them to do a IP setup, directly on the frontpanel, or do they need BOOTP to do the job?
Is BOOTP licenced or free to download?
Is it possible for the costumer to do anything at all, with a non licenced version of Studio5000??
I do have remote access, but through Secomea it's not possible to do a BOOTP setup.
Sorry for the NOOB questions, but I have actually never been asked this before, and never been on a site, where the local technicians are absolutely no help at all.

Hope the questions kind of make sence. :)

If the IP range is in the 192.168.1.xxx you can set the xxx on the first drive.
The following drives got there IP address following on the xxx.

Sorry for the late reply.
The Ip is in its own range 172.16.xxx.xxx, so not sure the ongoing setup is possible.

Any of you have any suggestion on a freeware BootP software, that is more "userfriendly" than Rockwell's?