RSview & Kepware tag databases

jeffy

Hi,

I am using RSView32 works and Kepware as the OPC.
I find it frustrating that whenever i need to add new IO to the scada system, I have to edit tag databases for BOTH the RSview & Kepware separately.

Is there any way that they be both managed together? Let me know if I've missed something. Thank you.

Hello Jeffy,

You should only need to add tags in the RSView32 database. Instead of using a Kepware tag name as part of the item path (static address), use the actual register address of the hardware device (Dynamic address).

Here is an example of a static reference to a kepware item...
Channel1.Device1.MyKepwareTag

Here is an example of a dynamic reference to a kepware item. (in this case modbus)...

Channel1.Device1.40001

Valid register addresses for the Kepware drivers can be found in the driver help files provided by Kepware.

Hope this helps!

Ethan Olsen
Product Manager
Kepware Technologies

You may be finding the situation where RSView does not update the Cache file for both RSView and/or KEP.

Do you know how to delete the Tag cache file for your project in in RSView
so that they get rebuilt from scratch to include the new tags

Last edited:
Thanks Ethan & Gil for your responses. I followed Ethans suggestion and it has answered my query! Thanks fellas!