RSView32 Works graphics

jeffy

Hi all,

Is RSView32 Works capable of producing smart graphics, similar to that of faceplates or CitectScada's Genies & supergenies? Thank you in advance for your input.

(I couldn't find any relevant threads on this topic on the forum).

RSView does not have anything that is like a Citect supergenie, however there is a powerful feature that can help you create reusable graphics. You can save your own graphics to the library and you can use tag place holders instead of actual tag names. Using tag place holders allows you to reuse the same graphic to display different data - for example a tank farm might use just one graphic file for a tank but display different data on multiple copies of that graphic. When the graphic is loaded you specify a parameter file that contains the tag names for each of the tag place holders in the graphic.

Open a blank graphic and place any object from the library on it. When you attempt to animate the object you'll see #1, #2, #3, etc. in place of the tag names. These are tag place holders. A parameter file that contains the lines
#1=Tagname1
#2=Tagname2
#3=tagname3
then provides the actual tag names to RSView. A graphic can use an unlimited number of different parameter files. Once you get familiar with using it you'll find its just as powerful as a genie, it just works differently.

Last edited:
Hi TConnelly,

I've been using the parameter files and has been working well with replicating whole Graphic display pages. (Thanks for your previous explanation!)

However, I now have a question: Is it it possible to use different parameter files within the same graphic, to display many little animations (such as valves, tanks etc, to make it reusable within a page?)

To illustrate:
I have a single graphic page display containing 20 identical tanks of a tank farm.
So I create a generic animation of a tank, and the tank displays level %.

I need to display 20 of these tanks on a single page, but drilling down into each tank to modify each of the tagnames is pretty laborious.
Is there some way to associate a parameter file to all these 20 tanks quickly?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, no. Construct a symbol for each of the 20 tanks and use that symbol over and over. You will have to drill into the symbol to assign a unique parameter ID for each animation in each symbol. After thats done then you can a parameter file to pass the parameters.