FactoryTalk Studio; no data in the datalog?

jeffy

Hi there,
I'm running FactoryTalk View Studio V9 on Win 10 Pro (x64) system. I've got a strange problem with the datalogging and wonder if anyone's experienced the same? Any help and input will be appreciated. I was a heavy user of RSview32 and never had this before.

So i've set up a datamodel with 2 analog tags that are directly addressed to KepServer v5.19. The log file gets generated as expected when I start the datamodel and i know the analog values are valid because they're displaying on screen correctly. But when i open a copy of the .dat file in excel, the value column is empty. Also when i try to view data in a trend object with historical polling, nothing is displayed. However the trend appears when i choose real time data, but this is not what i want. I get the same result when i try this on FT running on a Windows 7 operating system too.

Any ideas anyone?

Did you start the datalog model? Also you will need to use a Rockwell utility to read .dat files.

Try NOT using direct addressed tags. Use HMI tags instead.
FTView (Trash) has issues with direct tags in the datalogs (and issues with, well, everything else as well), in that it doesn't necessarily put them on scan.

Got it all going and working as per normal phew..., turned out to be a bleedin' window's DCOM related setting screwing things up.

I disagree with you Rdrast, overall FT is working quite nicely for me - apart from the above issue!

On page 127 of the FTV9 SE installation guide (appendix F), there is a detailed description of how to rectify this particular problem... this DCOM issue also caused my derived tags and hmi tags to not work as well.