OT your phone will go off at 2:18 today

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
No im not a psychic but read this and it reminded of the first time I had a pager...

It was many years ago and never had this 'new technology'.... I had the pager in my shirt pocket, it was my second day on the job and I was doing the daily inspection of the 'treaters' 6 stories tall, got to the top floor and my boss paged me... not knowing what was happening but just ran up 6 stories and it was really hot, the only thing I could think of is that I was having a heart attack, when I grabbed my chest I remembered I had the pager :eek:

But anyway... here in the USA read this https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2...test-planned-oct-3-test-messages-will-be-sent

You were a hour out. Mine went off at 3:18. B@stards

Edit: It wasn't the people from the link calling, a client in germany who 'forgot' I'm currently working in the states.

Remembering the news recently about fake false alerts for tsunami's I am guessing something there will go wrong.

They will probably leave off the "This is a test..." part, announce an incoming nuke attack or alien invasion...

Still working the bugs out.

Indonesia tsunami got the 'all clear' then it hit a few minutes later, they have been having some back luck... earthquake, tsunami then last night a volcano erupted, they are all link but still sucks

Got mine.... :) im ready incase Canada backs out of the trade agreement and we go to war :eek:

I'm not happy about it being titled and promoted as a "Presidential Alert".

While it's arguable that the president himself can be prevented from mis-using it, it's VERY likely that people will attempt to spoof the function with malware.

I've disabled all emergency alerts of that type on my Android phone and this one still appeared.

Ken said:
I'm not happy about it being titled and promoted as a "Presidential Alert".

All we need now is a President .... sorry could not help myself ;)

And the stock market dropped... talk about bugs, they said someone forgot to tell the algorithms that it was a test :(

I've disabled all emergency alerts of that type on my Android phone and this one still appeared.

I read prior to it coming out that this particular type if notification cannot be disabled. It'll interesting to see if that changes in the custom rom community.

I was really hoping for a spelling error.