Factorytalk ME Error Msg: Trigger has been disabled...

aliceqrd

Hello,

We are getting the error message on PV plus 7 saying: "{Tagxx} This trigger has been disabled as its data type is not supported by Bit or LSBit tr*" The display is small and doesn't show the rest of the message; I am not sure how to get the rest of the message.

In the PV program, the tag is associated with a MultiStateIndicator of 2 states. In the PLC code the tag is connected with bit address. When I tested the display with the controller online the indicator works fine.

Additionally, I saw some threads along the same (start of) error message; following that advice, I made sure the trigger type is value. However, the error msg still pops up. Though other multistateindicator on the same display/in the same program does not trigger this error.

Any advice on how to solve this bug would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Other Context info:
-we are converting from panel builder 32 .pva/.pvb file to .mer file; we have ensured that the tags are correctly formatted
-using factorytalk ME release 10 downloaded to PV 7 plus

Hello,

We are getting the error message on PV plus 7 saying: "{Tagxx} This trigger has been disabled as its data type is not supported by Bit or LSBit tr*" The display is small and doesn't show the rest of the message; I am not sure how to get the rest of the message.

Use Factory Talk Diagnostics Viewer. You'll find in Windows under All Programs> Rockwell software>Factory Talk Tools> Diagnostic Viewer.

Thanks for the advice. We end up solving the issue by deleting the problematic object and creating a new object with identical settings and connections which solve the problem...magical... I think is probably some conversion error residue.