Connection Size Error with Devicenet - RSNetWorx

marvis

Good evening, I have a problem with the size of a WAGO module in devicenet. The configuration is as follows:

DEVICENET BUS 750-306
750-430 8 channel DI
750-430 8 channel DI
750-430 8 channel DI
750-469 4 channel Thermocouple INPUT
750-455 4 channel AI
750-602 Power Supply
750-530 8 channel DO
750-602 Power Supply
750-530 8 channel DO
750-530 8 channel DO
750-600 END Terminal

According to my calculations the size should be:

INPUT 19 bytes
OUTPUT 3 bytes

But the network answers me with a WARNING of connection size different from that expetcted by the device.

The setting is only POLLED and not Strobed.

Where am I wrong?

Thank you all.

I don't have enough experience with the Wago configuration to tell you what the appropriate I/O size is.

Are you using a Wago tool or just RSNetworx for DeviceNet to configure the adapter ?

Does the error show up in the software as a warning, or is it an error code shown by a DeviceNet scanner module (error code 77) ?

This sort of error is difficult to troubleshoot because the scanner simply tells you that the sizes don't match; it doesn't tell you what the appropriate sizes are.

One thing you can do is query the Polled I/O connection object. RA Knowledgebase article 24919 explains the basics of using RSNetworx to read the Class 5, Instance 2, Attributes 7 and 8 to read the Polled Connection size.

Thank you very much, I'll try it tomorrow morning. Today I had other types of problems and when I tried to play with the new module I immediately gave "78" error.

That tells me that the number of bites received from a device is not what was expected from the device(Device setup Error)
look at the analog and thermocouple devices sometimes they send back status words in addition to the channel data
also look at the DO devices some of them also send back status words
All of those need to accounted for I the scanner module
try adding each device one at a time to see what device is causing the error